Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Exciting news...

We are soon to be homeowners! We put in an offer on a house, they countered, and we are accepting their counter. So by the end of the summer, we'll be the proud owners of a little green colonial built around 1918. I didn't take pics of the front of the house since those were available online in the listing, but here are the other pics that I took of the house. This one here is if the backdoor and a peek at the yard.

In other news, the 6th annual Pinewood Derby is coming up in less than a month. The day that it's being held (June 27th) happens to be National Orange Blossom Day, so my idea is to make an orange branch with leaves and flowers. I started over the weekend and the branch part looks pretty good. Carving flowers and leaves out of wood is going ok, but I think I may try making them out of clay instead. However, my big problem is that my car is very light. We'll have to get very creative with weight placement to get it up to 5 ounces. Ideas in the running are putting fishing weights into the clay as well as steel leaves. We'll see. I have 3 weeks to figure it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is exciting. I see all kinds of potential in the photos you posted. Can't wait to see it once you're settled in! Is it far from where you live now?

Also, I don't think I am going to be able to make the derby this year. I don't even think I am going to be able to scrape together a car to enter. It's just been that kind of a spring for me this year. I can't wait to see photos, though! Have fun!

nancy_scraps said...

So totally cool and exciting! Lots of great stuff in that house (I noticed the plaster and lathe in one closet). That guest room wallpaper needs to be preserved, but I suspect you will be doing many room make-overs.
Enjoy!