Sunday, April 18, 2010

New additions...

A new addition to the family is coming this fall! This ultrasound was from back in mid-March. Baby was just a blob then, hence the arrow and the text that the tech added to the photo.

Baby Bredford is due November 4th, although I would happily deliver 5 days early and have a Halloween baby. :) Feel free to go here to follow along as Baby develops.

The past few days have been filled with telling people. Thursday and Friday I started to tell people at work and yesterday I announced at skating (only 1 more lesson and then I'll stop for the rest of my pregnancy) and at a family reunion.

Announcing at the family reunion was interesting. No idea why I was so nervous, but I was shaking when I got up to announce, and for a few minutes after I sat back down. We apparently have a dowser in the family, and he came over and offered to tell us the sex of the baby. (He claims that he generally is correct about 80% of the time.) I kind of thought about it, but we declined since we'd already decided that we aren't going to find out the gender of the baby.

And one of the final announcements came this morning when I announced on Facebook.

5 comments:

ChristyR said...

OMG!!! Congratulations!!!

darlene said...

12 days early or 6 days late is fine with me. You, like I, also face the possibility of having a Dia de Los Muertos baby or a Guy Fawkes baby.

Chris said...

Ooh, a Guy Fawkes birthday would be cool. And I'll pretty much take any date- although I don't want a full 2 weeks late. I think I'd rather have my birthday to myself. :)

Chris said...

Oh, and looking at the calendar, wouldn't it be confusing to give birth on the 7th with Daylight Saving Time ending? Instead of being born at 2 am it would really be 1 am?

Leah's Crafty Life said...

SO happy for you guys.. congratulations! :)