Tuesday, October 30, 2007

October review

A few weeks ago was "Chainsaw Weekend" a time when my dad gets us all to go to his vacation house to clean up the yard and woods a bit- taking down trees that the beaver started on, removing trees that are blocking the view of the lake, etc.

We also took the time to celebrate fall birthdays. This was Boy Chris, Dad, Andrew, and for the first year- me! The other three birthdays are pretty close to each other, but mine is in November and lately has been forgotten a bit. So this year we decided to include mine with the others. It felt weird celebrating a month early. And according to this cake, my youth has died. :(

We also took some family pictures, but I can't post those now. I'll need to blur Hanna before I can post. But speaking of Hanna, I can't believe how grown-up she is! She's almost 13 and doesn't seem to have gotten the awkwardness that I had at that age. She's absolutely gorgeous!

Back at home, my Halloween mantle has made progress, and I think it pretty much has gone as far as it will for this year. Maybe next year I'll finish up some of the other labels. I think the part I disliked was coming up with the names for everything. I'll try to get some good pictures tomorrow night and post.

2 comments:

ChristyR said...

Celebrating early sounds good, better than being forgotten! lol. Glad you had a good time!

Michelle said...

Can't wait to see the pictures!!!

I got my goodies, by the way. Thank you so much!!! I loved them both :) Yours should go out this weekend, not quite finished yet.