Sunday, June 08, 2008

Healthy living

When did I become so green? First it was the vermicomposting, and now it's reusable grocery bags. Made some cute ones over the weekend, but then the power ran out and then I ran out of thread, so they didn't get finished. Photos coming soon.

Also, Sunday Chris and I went on an 18+ mile bike ride in 90 degree heat. My butt's a bit sore, and my legs are slightly jello-ish.

About the bikes... I drive past a bike shop every day on my way to and from work and thought it would be good to get one. I had Chris semi-convinced, and then our stimulus check arrived. :) Half of it went to credit cards, the other half went to bikes. Wow, they're expensive! And then there's all the extra stuff you can get. I got a cyclometer because I want to know how fast/how far I've gone, but I was good and got their cheapest model. And then we also needed a bike rack. We went with one for my car rather than the truck, which means we'll have to do some creative packing of the car when we head to Maine this summer (with bikes in tow). Usually we have the bed of the truck pretty much to overflowing, so it will be interesting to see how well we cram it into my care.

6 comments:

Mrs Pretzel said...

I CAN'T WAIT to see the bags!!! You gonna sell em?

Anonymous said...

Couldn't you have just dropped the bikes in the bed of the truck?
At my school, the 4th grade made reuseable bags out of those extra large, plastic lined dog food bags. I also saw a girl with a tote that looked like it was made from empty Capri Sun packages.

ChristyR said...

i'm ready to buy some of those bags. i too have started going greener. i buy dishawashing detergent that is better for the environment and it's cheaper. i have to manually wash my tea mugs but it's worth it. good for you on the LOAD. i know as soon as shane leaves I have a box full of new pictures to get to! see ya in a month!

Chris said...

We could have used the bed of the truck, but then we can't put anything else in the truck, which doesn't work when we go camping in August and bring the bikes with us. Also, it's hard to put them on top of each other, without pedals getting caught in wheels, etc.

Vanessa B. said...

Hey there! Sorry I've been out of the loop for awhile - the work thing is really cramping my style! So thought I'd pop by and catch up on what's new with you. Can't wait to see those bags. We've been "greenifying" around here as well and been using reusable bags, new lightbulbs, etc. You may have found a new product, I would love to see some cool shopping bags! Love the LOs and cards, too!

ChristyR said...

chris i believe it's bangkor maine? i think it's common for ladies to be there...if your interested you might be able to contact the uso office at the airport and they could help you!