Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Brown paper packages tied up with string...

Ok, so they're not wrapped with brown paper or tied up with strings, but coming home to a package on my doorstep is a favorite thing- or at least a fun thing.

On Monday the Derby trophies arrived. It's weird having them so early. I opened them up to make sure they're spelled correctly, and then they went back in their box and down to the basement with some of the other Derby stuff.

And then according to the tracking, I should be getting another package on Friday. This one makes me VERY happy! A little over 3 years ago I ordered a new trimmer. They were being made by a small family run company who made each one individually, so they took a long time to produce. And there was a lengthy waiting list. Then the family sold the company so the new owners had to take some time to get things up and running to the same standards. But now mine is on its way! I hope it was worth the wait and that it lives up to its hype.

And for those of you wondering why I would wait 3 years for a trimmer? Because I've already gone through at least 6 other trimmers. Favorites aren't favorites for long. They always seem to develop some kind of quirk that you just can't fix. And many of them can't cut a straight line. At all.

1 comment:

~Mel said...

Oooh the illustrious trimmer! I remember when we first heard about those.

I don't think I've ever had a trimmer to cut in a straight line more than once...