Friday, October 14, 2005

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

Rain, Rain, Go to Spain,
And never come back again.
-Mother Goose

It has been raining for a week now. I am sick of it. It doesn’t help that I’m tired. This adds to the feeling of gloom. I’m sitting here at my desk and every so often I realize that my eyelids are closed. I open them and wonder how long I’ve been like that. Not a good thing.

In other news, Andrew sent me a link about The Princess Bride being turned into a musical. Woo hoo! That’ll be exciting. For my birthday Chris and I are going to NYC to see Wicked and Spamalot. I almost wish we were seeing the touring company of Wicked since it has Carol Kane in it, but I’m sure we’ll have a splendid time seeing it on Broadway. Last year we had tried to get tickets, but it was sold out. The theatre looked really neat though. Great artwork in the lobby showing Oz and the neighboring lands. Here's a link to a layout I did about the theatre.

My grand weekend plans? Sleeping late! And doing some various craft projects. For my dad’s birthday I’m making him arm covers for a couple of chairs out at Secret Lake. I took measurements last weekend and got fabric on Wednesday. Now I just need to make them. I also got fabric to make display things for cards for the card party. Kind of hard to explain, but maybe I’ll post some pictures when it’s done. I also would like to get some scrapping/card making done. I think I’ll need to clean my table a bit before I can attempt this one. I have a 4x6 table, and it’s pretty much all covered with stuff at the moment. And finally, if time allows, I’d like to start making a stock of Toolbelts. I have dreams of sending some to “celebrity” scrappers, but first I need to get them made.

1 comment:

~Mel said...

For a weekend of resting and sleeping late, you got quite a list of chores there.
This weather is killing me too - I just want to see the sun, is that too much to ask?!