Friday, May 26, 2006

The new chair

So here's a picture of the chair. It was much more visible in the photo of Chris and I before I started cropping out the extraneous stuff in the background, centering us better, etc. It's the Ektorp chair and it's got a beige courdoroy cover. It's interesting. You buy the chair and then you buy a slipcover. A plain white slip cover is about $30 or 40, and all of the others are $140-160. Nice if you just want something simple and cheap, but not so nice when you stop and think that the fabric quality is no different than some of the other choices.

And I am becoming further addicted to Ikea. :) I had managed to stay away for a while. I'm sure I'll be back though for many other things once we get into the new apartment. I think we may need to get a wardrobe since there really is no coat closet, and of course I'll need to buy curtains and things like that. Chris told me that this weekend they are having a summer sale, so who knows, maybe I'll end up stopping by to check it out.

3 comments:

~Mel said...

It kind of looks like my chair, yet yours is new!

I like it!

And I was wondering if I can get Dan to visit IKEA this weekend.

Chris said...

Ikea is the kind of store Dan would love! So much stuff for him to pick up and play with and explore...

ChristyR said...

It's beautiful!

They are building an IKEA about thirty minutes away-dangerous!