Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Brrrr....

Something is wrong withour boiler. Again. I came home from work and realized there was no heat or hot water. And then I also discovered that one of our radiators was dripping water. They're covered so hadn't realized this sooner. But when I was in the basement I heard water dripping from the ceiling. So I took the cover off the radiator and put a container underneath to catch drips. I just pored a couple of cups of water out of the container.
To make the situation worse, Chris and I are tied up in work the next couple of day sunable to get away to meet the oil company. Not looking forward to another cold week at home.

5 comments:

Christine R said...

oohh i'd be pissed!!!

~Mel said...

oooh that really sucks!! I don't do cold well! Remind me not to come to your house until after it's fixed :)

Tracy said...

I'm sorry your heat is out again. MAybe the landlord could me the oil company for you. Does this affect the other tenants or is it a one family?

On a happier note, I was at Target and thought of you today! In the dollar section they have mini pink Christmas Trees (about 12" tall). If I lived closer to you I would have bought you one! Run to target if you get the chance!!!

Chris said...

Oooh, pink trees for a dollar!?!?! Mel, think I need more?

Heat update- it's back to normal. Really obnoxious, but periodically we need to add water to the boiler and apparently it had been over-filled which caused it to shut down. The guy explained to Chris over the phone how to fix it and also sent a tech over to fix it this time. (Basement was unlocked so he could go in with out us. We just weren't sure if they would do this.)

Brittany's Corner said...

sorry about the boiler......i would be a little irritated by the entire mess. hopefully y'all can snuggle up together and keep WARM! good luck.