Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Ahoy, Mateys!

So you may not be aware, but today is Talk Like a Pirate Day. I was very excited about this day (I think it’s very funny that such a day exists) until last night. You see, last night was the season premiere of Wife Swap. Normally I don’t watch it, but nothing else was really on and I was only half watching as I worked on other things. Well, one of the families featured on the show was a pirate family, and the father was one of the co-founders of Talk Like a Pirate Day. However, I was thoroughly disgusted by the attitude of the Pirate Wife. She really pissed me off. Normally I don’t get so bothered by the participants. Watching her really turned me off to the whole Pirate thing…

I will leave you with this though, which I recently saw and decided to share on this fine pirate day. Pirate Crafts.

5 comments:

Vanessa B. said...

Arrr...it be a fine day for talkin' like a pirate! I forgot all about it! Spence will be very excited when he gets home from school, that scurvy dog. Thanks for the reminder!

ChristyR said...

You guys are too funny.
I just found out the last Pirates installment comes out in May but when are they going to release the DVD..I want it! Have a happy Pirate's Day.

Cicada said...

Ooooo, I can't believe I missed it this year, I love this day. Our favorite pirate around here is Captain Feathersword on the Wiggles. He's kind've a hottie pirate too. Ahoy there me hardies!

~Mel said...

Since I never jumped on the Pirate ship, perse, I would never know this exsisted if it weren't for Chris...

And did you really google "Pirate Crafts"?

Glad I missed Wife Swap... (I always want to type Swamp)

Chris said...

No, I did not google Pirate Crafts. I saw that on Threadbared a week or so ago and made a note to myself to post it today.