Monday, September 25, 2006

Weekend Update, with Chris Breecher

The weekend started on Friday with Chris picking me up from work. We were headed off to Gardner to meet my dad, Liz and Hanna for dinner. After sitting in traffic for far too long, we finally got clear of the Concord rotary and were on our way! Dinner was interesting. It was a new brew pub that my dad had been to a few times before. However, service was spotty. We even created our own comment card for them because there were a few things we wanted to bring to their attention- bland eggplant parmesan, server had too many tables for his level of expertise, drinks took far too long to arrive, apple crisp was frozen inside… We also commented that we did like the place and hoped that they could fix these problems so that they would do well. Luckily we weren’t in a hurry because dinner took over 2 hours.

When we got back to the house we played some charades. I think Hanna was more into this game than the rest of us combined. She’s almost 12 now, and I’m seeing how she’s so much more grown up! Very much changed from the 3-year-old I first knew who would run around the house screaming “I’m butt naked, I’m butt naked” when I would babysit her.

Saturday we had been planning to get up early do some chainsawing and other brush removal (after all, this had been deemed “Chainsaw Weekend”) as well as go apple picking. Unfortunately it was raining, and it rained pretty much all day. Instead Chris and I slept in until 11! Wow, I needed that. I was surprised that we were allowed to sleep in that late, but seeing how it was raining, it kind of put a damper on the rest of our plans. So instead we did some reading, took an afternoon nap, worked on a jigsaw puzzle, etc.

Liz also has this idea to turn the house at Secret Lake into a bed and breakfast, so I know that Chris and I spent pretty much the whole weekend thinking of all the things that would need to be changed, improved, etc to get it to that point. It’s a nice idea, I’m just not sure how good an idea it would be.

Sunday we got up semi-early and headed back to Belmont. Getting an early start on the day allowed me to get a whole bunch of stuff done yesterday. We did laundry, I did some handwashing I had put off for way too long, did some house cleaning, weeded the garden, made fresh pesto (thanks Julie for the recipe!), edited some photos for a layout I want to do, and started decorating for fall/Halloween.


Christine R said...

sleeping in until 11 sounds so great...i want to do that! there's nothing like sleeping to the rain and i know this cos for the past almost two years it really hasn't rained that much so i really miss it! sounds like a nice relaxing weekend yet you got alot done. can't wait to see the next layout installments!

Brittany's Corner said...

love sleeping in......haven't done it in awhile but when i can i do....sorry the dinner took so long to arrive, but it sounds like you all had a grand time.