Two of the three cards I made tonight. I put a crackle glaze on part of the third card (another wedding card) and it's drying. I've been meaning to make these since Sunday, so it's nice to finally have gotten them done.
The blue/copper card is for my friend Jessica who is getting married on the 15th. Their invitations were copper, so I knew I wanted to tie that in. Have no idea if they have any other colors or not, so just picked something that I liked. Then as I ws putting the invitation away (which I had taken out to check color shades) I noticed that the envelope was lined in red. Oh well. Hope they like blue.
The anniversary card is for Chris' brother Michael and his wife Rebecca. This will be their 7th anniversary. Got to use my new QK font and dies and stamps from the QVC kit. Yes, this is further proof of the QuicKutz addiction. I'm selling the Hand Tool that came with the kit on eBay, so hopefully I'll be able to get some money to help pay for my addiction. No bidders yet, but still a few more days. Unfortunately there are a bunch of purple Squeezes on eBay from everyone who bought the QVC kits who don't need it.
One thing about the kit that I'm not sure how I feel about it. It came with the stamping kit so that you can use your dies to stamp, as I did for the flowers and "anniversary". I think this is a great idea to be able to get extra use out of your dies. However, what I hadn't realized is that you need to remove the ejection foam from your dies in order to cut out the stamping foam. For shapes that it doesn't matter which way they face it isn't necessarily necessary, (flip the foam the other way around and it just doesn't cut all the way through the liner) but the ejection foam has to be removed in order to cut out alphabets. I guess this way they constantly have you buying new foam. We'll have to see how much I use the stamping feature.