Thursday, July 27, 2006

Into the Woods

Into the woods,
It's time to go,
I hate to leave,
I have to, though.
Into the woods-
It's time, and so
I must begin my journey.

Perhaps posting this a little prematurely as we don't leave until tomorrow morning, but the song popped into my head so I thought I would post it now while I was thinking of it.

Chris and I are off for a weekend camping trip to Mount Washington, NH. We'll do some outlet shopping, some cooking over a campfire, some walking/hiknig, some AT trail magic... We're back on Sunday and I'll be sure to post a full report and some photo highlights.

5 comments:

ChristyR said...

i remember hiking up the mountain that had a rock formation that looked like a man or something when i was little..it's where I found my love for hiking. Love it!

Have a great time! Would love to do something like camping..just too hot here!

Chris said...

That would be the Old Man of/in(?) the Mountain. Unfortuantely his face fell off a few years ago. This mountain is pictured on the NH State Quarter.

~Mel said...

I too loved the Old Man ... my parents took us up there as kids. And we stop and see it when we go to Mt. Washington for our company outing.

But yes, as Chris pointed out - he fell apart.
http://www.franconianotchstatepark.com/oldman.html

Have fun, Chris

Anonymous said...

Why, WHY are you going back to that... place? I passed north of it going to Maine and flinched when I read the sign for Conway.

Vanessa B. said...

Hope you have a great time!