Sunday, July 23, 2006

Some weekend photos


This is my cat Brit. This picture makes me laugh. A lot. I was in my scrap room scrapping (well, what else would I be doing there?) and I looked over and saw her in my chair. I continued scrapping. I looked over again, and she was still like this! Well, of course I then had to go get my camera. What I also love about this picture, aside from her pose, is that her eyes are open. This never happens! However, this was taken without the flash, which I think is the trick. She always blinks when the flash goes off.


Next up, here is the start of my Derby Cow. It's going to sit on a base with the wheels. Not yet sure how I'm going to paint her. (I'm open to suggestions.) I think I'll worry about that once I'm done shaping her. Unfortunately, I couldn't work more on her today because one of her legs had broken off (I dropped her) and had to be glued back on. Also, she weighs a lot. She's currently at 4.4 ounces, but the base and wheelse are 1.7. I don't think I can take enough weight off of her to make the whole thing within the legal limits (5 ounces) so I decided to make another car. It's all shaped and sanded smooth and ready for painting. Chris commented that it's my best car yet. Personally I like the General Lee better. This is such a cop out car. Mel, it looks exactly like Mom Tedford's car from the first year. Anyway, that's how we spent about 5-6 hours today. Making Derby cars. Remember, only 2 more weeks until the Derby, so get busy making your cars if you haven't started yet.

2 comments:

ChristyR said...

Cats sure do have character. That's a great photo!
Love the derby cow! Awesome! I hope you can get it to work and do you get ribbons for style cos you'd have my vote!
I need to get started on the car. I don't know how I'm going to weigh it but I guess a few trips to a supermarket should work!
Glad you got some work done today.

Chris said...

The post office is also a good place to go weigh cars. That's what my in-laws do.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.