Sunday, July 23, 2006

Some weekend photos


This is my cat Brit. This picture makes me laugh. A lot. I was in my scrap room scrapping (well, what else would I be doing there?) and I looked over and saw her in my chair. I continued scrapping. I looked over again, and she was still like this! Well, of course I then had to go get my camera. What I also love about this picture, aside from her pose, is that her eyes are open. This never happens! However, this was taken without the flash, which I think is the trick. She always blinks when the flash goes off.


Next up, here is the start of my Derby Cow. It's going to sit on a base with the wheels. Not yet sure how I'm going to paint her. (I'm open to suggestions.) I think I'll worry about that once I'm done shaping her. Unfortunately, I couldn't work more on her today because one of her legs had broken off (I dropped her) and had to be glued back on. Also, she weighs a lot. She's currently at 4.4 ounces, but the base and wheelse are 1.7. I don't think I can take enough weight off of her to make the whole thing within the legal limits (5 ounces) so I decided to make another car. It's all shaped and sanded smooth and ready for painting. Chris commented that it's my best car yet. Personally I like the General Lee better. This is such a cop out car. Mel, it looks exactly like Mom Tedford's car from the first year. Anyway, that's how we spent about 5-6 hours today. Making Derby cars. Remember, only 2 more weeks until the Derby, so get busy making your cars if you haven't started yet.

3 comments:

Christine R said...

Cats sure do have character. That's a great photo!
Love the derby cow! Awesome! I hope you can get it to work and do you get ribbons for style cos you'd have my vote!
I need to get started on the car. I don't know how I'm going to weigh it but I guess a few trips to a supermarket should work!
Glad you got some work done today.

Chris said...

The post office is also a good place to go weigh cars. That's what my in-laws do.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Brittany's Corner said...

that cat is adorable. glad you figured out how to get the photo with her eyes open! love her name by the way (Brit)......

your cow look awesome! I can't wait to see your car....