Friday, July 21, 2006

What is "Early"?

So we were having some gravel delivered today to put down where we park our cars. Apparently when the driveway was put in umpteen years ago they didn't anticipate that 4 cars woudl be parkign on it, so it's not nearly big enough. As a result, we park in a dirt area, which, in the rain, is a mud area. Hence the decision to put gravel down.

Anyway, Chris calls the company yesterday to confirm and find out what time they would be coming. He was told "early". Um, ok That's a little vague.

So this morning we're half asleep in bed. It's 7:10 am. (I get up around 7:45/ 8:00 to get to work by 9:00) All of a sudden Chris sits up and says he thinks the gravel guy is here. He had heard the truck on the street. My response, "well, it is early." Chris throws on some jeans, I put a sweatshirt on over my PJs, and we go outside to move our cars onto the street.

And then Chris proceeded to spend the next couple of hours spreading gravel around. It takes a while to move 3 tons of gravel! Now if only we could find a better place for that snowblower, the back area would look better. (This is actually a bit of a bitter point. The owner's son, who used to live in the apartment we're renting, still has a car in the garage. He knows he needs to move it, and we've asked for it to be moved. It's been almost 2 months now. He also still has stuff in the basement.) Anyway, at some point we want to put the snowblower into the garage.


And since I was up, I figured I would take some garden pictures. Here I have a couple of my baby cherry tomatoes.

3 comments:

Vanessa B. said...

Nice tomatoes! Same thing happened to me when the fridge came - an hour early at 7:15am! Normally I end up waiting all day so I guess early is better than that. Love the pages too!

ChristyR said...

yeah! how nice that they show up at all without you calling with WTF! Good job spreading the gravel!

Your tomatoes look like they are coming up nicely! I wish I had a green thumb like that..nada.

~Mel said...

Congrats on the Tomatoes! They're coming in nicely...

And I love the gravel, it looks well done and has that landscaped look. But damn them for "early"... they did the same thing to us with our rocks last year.