Thursday, July 06, 2006

Knee High by the 4th of July

So I grew up always hearing the expression from my mom that corn shoudl be "knee high by the 4th of July." Technically this picture was taken on the 5th, but that's irrelevant. The point is, as you can see, the corn is no where near knee high! I guess we'll just be having some late corn. I guess that's what happens when you plant it on July 1st.






As you can see in this second picture, we have a serious weed problem! So many of these little buggers. I've pulled out some of the bigger ones, but there are so many of these little ones, I really have no idea where to start.

1 comment:

~Mel said...

Good to see we're not the only ones with a weed problem!! I was out there last night pulling more weeds...when does it end?

I heard the "knee high..." expression for the first time this year. I was worried that our corn wouldn't make it. Turns out, it's above my knee and a stalk is coming in. Oh and there are 2 more tomatoes popping up.